Friday, July 6, 2012

Barbie-Q

McKee: BBQ or Barbie-Q
May 2010










Liz and I with the help of James fashioned 2 Barbie cakes named Thelma and Louise for the continuing “BARBIE WARS!”. Keeping with tradition style we used 2 of the original cheap Chinese dolls, the entire process took nearly 5 hours to complete. First we had to amputate Barbie's legs off from the knees to fix into her dress then I cut out a small hole in the top of the cake and inserted her body into it. She stood up pretty well on her own just to make sure we filled the hole in with icing. Liz refused to let Thelma and Louise in any way be inappropriate regarding there “Ta Ta’s” so she started piping on Barbie's top first with a small star tip and then we both took turns piping her dress. I'm not a great cake decorator by any stretch of the imagination but with Liz mad house cake decorating skills she learned from her mother we made some pretty amazing cakes, now on to the pranking…





No comments:

Post a Comment