Friday, July 6, 2012

Barbie Cereal

Morris: Barbie Cereal
June 2011

Back in the 80s there existed briefly a Barbie Cereal. I managed to track down an image someone had scanned in of an unfolded box. I then took that image and had it printed up on some card stock, folded it back into the original box shape, filled it with some random pink cereal, and of course a prize at the bottom(yup, you guessed it, one of the original cheap Chinese Barbies). I then sneaked into the McKee house while Mrs McKee was at a summer festival running a henna booth, and hid the box on top of their fridge where they keep their cereal. I imagined Lil Dude McKee staggering out one morning, pulling out a chair, climbing up and reaching for breakfast, only to find he had been Barbied.
What happened was even better. The McKees had some company over, and were heading out to the hot tub. Mrs McKee was looking about for her pink pitcher to make some sort of lovely adult beverage, and the pink on top of the fridge caught her eye. She grabbed it, and found a box of Barbie Cereal in her hand.
She screamed.
In rushed Mr McKee to see what was wrong, and found her screaming and pointing at the box. His first thought was 'oh look cereal! I think I'll have some...' then it hit him. It was Barbie Cereal. They then had to explain the entire epic battle to their dinner guests.




No comments:

Post a Comment